Most league communications and pre- post-race discussions are in discord nowadays.
All drivers must join our server, for instance to receive notes about penalties. Thank you
Failure to join the server may result in removal from the league.
Please join by clicking here https://discord.gg/pAduK2q
New Driver? Welcome !
Welcome to all the new members and thank you for joining us !
It is very important that you familiarize yourself with our rules and philosophy.
Every week you will receive a race briefing via the iRacing message system, usually on Sunday.
There is a section with track specific rules that change every week and must be learnt.
It is very important that you read the information at Race Briefing – General Info (click) and the links within to League Rules (click) and Information for New Drivers (click)
Thank you for your patience.
Ask if anything is not clear.
Donors can enter the server as soon as it launches, so they are guaranteed a place if the server fills up.
Non-donors must not enter until 1 hour after it has launched, at 21:30 Europe, 8:30pm GMT
BRIEFING – Barcelona GP
30 Laps , 139.5 km
43+ Liters suggested. Always check with your own driving
4.65 km, ~1.38 Liters per lap
- No active overtakes until after Turn 9 Right, magenta in the map above.
It seems long, but we have had troubles with overtakes into the hairpin (Turn 5 Right) and Turn 7-8.
There are 30 laps to easily pass people, we can be a little patient in lap 1
- Remember to always have 2 wheels on track on corner entry
- If you get a slow down, you must serve it off line without hindering other drivers
- Please be careful in the hard braking zones. Different wing choices will dictate different braking points.
- No 3-wide for the entire lap 1, as usual, no matter how tempting braking into La Caixa (Turn 10) might be.
Penalties and Safety Points
Post race incident reports and penalties (hopefully none) are communicated in discord.
You can read philosophy and details in this page.
The Last race incident report is at this discord link, only visible to registered members.
Just scroll down to the latest message in the discord channel.
Have a look also at the #race-school-videos section, if you mind.
- Take it easy at race start.
The goal is to get going safely and get in line. You must not attempt to gain places.
Do not try to get a great start on the lights, it is unnecessary risky
- No lane change at the start, at least until the first corner and longer if necessary.
Stay in your lane and try to maintain a constant distance from the car in front. No sudden braking, do not drive faster than the cars ahead of you.
If by doing so you pass cars in the other lane, perhaps because they had a slow start, it is fine. However, you must not attempt to outbrake others or take advantage of the situation to gain places
Always go for the safest action. If a car in front of you has a very slow start it is ok to pass it.
- Be careful about the concertina effect braking for slow corners in the early race.
Try to be as smooth as possible, with gradual braking and no sudden changes, but expect to have to slow down a lot, especially later in the field.
- No 3-wide attacking for the entire lap 1
- No blocking
- No dive bombing
- If you get a black flag slow down, you must serve it off-line without hindering other cars.
- Please remember that driving off track voluntarily (1x) is strictly prohibited.
You can receive a time penalty post-race for having too many off-tracks (undisclosed number). There is also an automatic slow down in race if you have too many incident points. However, we do not aim to penalize errors. Just play it fair and all will be fine.
- Respect blue flags – which means helping the leaders through, but do not expect lapped cars to immediately pull over
- No unsafe rejoins
- Stay on the racing surface
- No team games, such as giving each other a draft in qualify. Not everyone has a team, let’s make it fair for all.
- No chat in qualify and race, it is welcome in practice sessions
More details in the League Rules page
Every race is broadcast live on youtube by Apex TV
Donations are unfortunately needed to cover the cost.
Details on how to donate in our discord, thank you for your help !
Every Sunday we get together to watch the race broadcast, starting at 10pm GMT.
There is chat dedicated to watching the race in our discord. Join us if you have the time.
NOTE: the links below direct to next season. They will be updated asap
Every race of the season in the playlist:
Live video broadcast for this week is below – links are usually available 24 hours prior to the race start